Menu

André Crouch died

TechWife

He was one of the most influential voices in CCM, before it was called CCM. I learned so much sound doctrine from his music as a young believer.

My favorites:

Soon and Very Soon

My Tribute

The Blood Will Never Loose It's Power

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me shall live, even if he dies. John 11:25

Andrae' Crouch rings back growing up memories for me. My parents played his music all the time. Through it All comes to mind in addition to the ones you mentioned. My dad would sing Soon and Very Soon while waking us up every Sunday morning.

Mine too.  

His soon and very soon has now come.

Wow, I didn't know his bio.

Fascinating:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a770ef97326244d2bb8133d37361fc96/andrae-crouch-legendary-gospel-figure-dies-72

"His success came despite a lifelong struggle with dyslexia. To create, he would make drawings that allowed him to grasp the concept. For the Jackson song, he drew a mirror with an image in it.

"I memorized everything through sight, the shape of the word," Crouch told The Associated Press in 2011. "Some things that I write, you'll see a page with cartoon pictures or a drawing of a car — like a Ford — or a flag. I still do it on an occasion when a word is strange to me."

"So when I finish a song, I thank God for bringing me through," he continued. "You have to press on and know your calling. That's what I've been doing for all my life. I just went forward."