Menu

If you would like to purchase Photoshop...

quark

...how would you do this? Adobe's site sells it as a year-long plan or monthly plan but I'm not interested in that. I just want to buy the software and load it into my computer for personal use. It used to be so simple before they created all this cloud storage stuff. :huh: I don't want to buy a plan!

Also, if you just wanted it to learn how to use the software and design things for yourself, family members, edit photos etc, what version would you buy?

Thanks!

I'd buy it from Amazon.  Just looked and it is still offered as a disc you use to load the program onto the computer. Today it is a hair under $84.  Premiere version is a tad over $100.

Then I'd look for a highly rated guidebook at Amazon to help you use it.

I am still using Photoshop 6....I see now they are up to version 13!

I'd buy it from Amazon.  Just looked and it is still offered as a disc you use to load the program onto the computer. Today it is a hair under $84.  Premiere version is a tad over $100.

Then I'd look for a highly rated guidebook at Amazon to help you use it.

I am still using Photoshop 6....I see now they are up to version 13!

Be aware that this is Photoshop Elements which may or may not be the type of Photoshop you need for the class.

The cheapest way is to sign up for a photoshop class at a community college, buy and register CS6 through the college bookstore.  The student version is about $170, or it was about a year ago.  You can also buy CS6 through Amazon, but the full version is more than $1500.  It's much cheaper to buy the software through a college and take a class for a few hundred dollars.

I have been doing the $10 a month... I had been using it before but was having trouble putting it on my new computer. I do hate paying that $9.99 every month though. But since I had a lot of experience and wanted the full program I went ahead. Take full advantage of the trial, and maybe you will find a better option before it expires.

Seconding the idea of buying the student version at a local college. That's what my mother does. She did find taking an actual class in using Photoshop to be very helpful. That was years ago. She still updated her sw with the student versions and audits various art classes at the college.