Menu

Fitbit Flex Disappointment :(

Granny_Weatherwax

We were finally able to set up our Fitbit accounts and used them on our afternoon walk.  I used my regular app for monitoring pace and distance and was excited to see how the two devices matched. The Fitbit was off by over a mile.  We walked our standard 5K route but the Fitbit barely shows 2 miles.

I hope this is a sync glitch/user error that is easily remedied because this is quite disappointing.

--

Just checked DH's Fitbit and his is more accurate - 2.83 miles.  Still not spot on.  :(

I never set my stride length. But I know I do about 2000 steps per mile (and I only care about steps). How many steps did it register?

I only focus on steps as well.  When I got mine, I actually put it on, walked 200 steps while counting aloud and then looked at the tracker.  it said 200 steps.  I was happy!  And yes, I do about 2000 steps per mile.

We were finally able to set up our Fitbit accounts and used them on our afternoon walk. I used my regular app for monitoring pace and distance and was excited to see how the two devices matched. The Fitbit was off by over a mile. We walked our standard 5K route but the Fitbit barely shows 2 miles.

I hope this is a sync glitch/user error that is easily remedied because this is quite disappointing.

--

Just checked DH's Fitbit and his is more accurate - 2.83 miles. Still not spot on. :(

I saw your other post in the Christmas mishap thread, you're making me really glad that I decided to wait on the fitbits. I'm actually waiting because I want the HR but I can't believe their site is down for scheduled maintenance today, that is CRAZY!!!

I never set my stride length. But I know I do about 2000 steps per mile (and I only care about steps). How many steps did it register?

I did not set stride length but it registered just around 4000 steps.  Argh.  I wonder if it just stopped working for a while.  Although, mine malfunctioning wouldn't account for DH's being off by .3 mile(the route we took is definitely 5k/3.18).

We are going to give it a week or so and see if they work better before passing judgement.

We are syncing them with our smartphones/bluetooth/Fitbit app as well as the little dinglehopperthingamabob.

Ds17 thinks they planned the maintenance today because they knew their server would be overwhelmed with people setting up Christmas Fitbits.  This way they can spread it out and don't need tech support staff to work today.  Not good PR for themselves though.

This is what we have discussed, too.  I think a "Due to the popularity of the Fitbit this year, we are experiencing higher than expected...yada yada yada.  Please be patient."  That seems better than "Scheduled Maintenance".