Menu

4 children beheaded in Iraq/hostages in Sydney

mamajudy

They aren't Islamist savages, thank you very much. They are just run-of-the-mill disgusting, sociopath savages hiding behind Islam as a justification and if they're not already aware of that (which I suspect they are), they'll know for sure when they meet their Lord.

While I agree that both are abhorrent, and I am praying for the hostages in Sydney....

tell me, what do you think of all of the innocent children and people killed by the American drones?

What do you think of what was done to Abeer al-Janabi and her family by American soldiers in Iraq? (She was a 14 year old girl.)

"In broad daylight, they walked to the house (not wearing their uniforms)[7] and separated Abeer and her family into two different rooms. Green then murdered her parents and younger sister, while two other soldiers raped Abeer. Green then emerged from the room saying "I just killed them, all are dead".[12] He then raped Abeer and shot her in the head. After the rape the lower part of Abeer’s body, from her stomach down to her feet, was set on fire."

Do you say, more American savages or do you realize that those actions don't represent all Americans?

The actions of ISIS/ISIL, al Qaeda and others are very very far from what is accepted in Islam.  Hundreds of scholars from various madhabs (schools of belief) have called them out on it.  Saying "Islamist savages..." is extremely offensive to the Muslims on this board.

Guest submarines

They aren't Islamist savages, thank you very much. They are just run-of-the-mill disgusting, sociopath savages hiding behind Islam as a justification and if they're not already aware of that (which I suspect they are), they'll know for sure when they meet their Lord.

They are "hiding behind" an Islamist terrorist organization? What does this even mean? They are doing exactly what the Islamist terrorist organization is calling their members to do. Denying this fact and being all PC about it doesn't do anyone any favors.

They are "hiding behind" an Islamist terrorist organization? What does this even mean? They are doing exactly what the Islamist terrorist organization is calling their members to do. Denying this fact and being all PC about it doesn't do anyone any favors.

Islam = religion. ISIS (or Da'eesh) = terror organization. I didn't say they are hiding behind ISIS, I said they are hiding behind Islam (ie using it as an excuse to perpetrate mass murder and crimes against humanity that are, in reality, forbidden by the faith they claim to espouse).

The key word here is terrorist, not Islam.

She said (and you quoted) they are hiding behind Islam. They are terrorists who hide behind Islam. Using religion to justify murder isn't limited to terrorists from any one religion, including Christianity.

The OP has news articles mixed up it seems? There is a hostage situation in Sydney, but no details have been released. The non-WSJ link doesn't seem to be a journalism piece? And whatever allegedly happened there was in Baghdad, not Sydney.