Menu

Photo developing problems

klmama

I recently had some digital photos developed at Walgreens.  The photos looked fine on my computer screen before I sent them, but the Walgreen's photos were terrible.  The color was very red, and everyone in the photos looked like their hair had been dyed.  I asked the woman at the counter about adjusting color, and she said they could not adjust tint and could only make photos lighter or darker.  I tried adjusting color at home, and sent them again.  The resulting photos were better, but faces and hair were still much redder than IRL.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Where should I send photos for truer color? 

Are you able to get to a store instead? I do my adjustments after I load them onto the Kodak kiosk. So far I had not had problems with the Kodak kiosk at Target or Safeway. 

Kodak kiosk locator. 

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=164/7959/7965&pq-locale=en_US

I have also good outcomes with FedEx Kinkos photo printing in store.

http://www.fedex.com/us/office/sony-picturestation.html?lid=photoprintsimage_photoservice_sonypictures

I brought my memory stick to the stores.

Don't know if this applies to you but it might be worth noting that the machines usually attempt to color correct the images. So, if you did any editing at home you need to tell the machine not to auto-correct. 

I'm mainly familiar with Costco uploads. They have a box to check that says: Do not auto-correct.  If you click that box, the machines will leave the settings as you indicated during editing.