Menu

Lovely! Rachel strikes again!

dirty ethel rackham

She's been calling my land line for years, sometimes changing her name to "Carmen" just to mix things up.

I dislike her because I can't mess with her like I can with the good folks who call me from "Windows" to tell me there is a problem with my computer and could they please connect to my computer to check my virus.  They provide me with a good chuckle.

That last time the "windows" outfit called here it was a female on the line. I faked an accent and thanked her for calling to sign up for our mail order bride program.

She hung up!

Seriously, it's worth it to play with them a little.

But, Rachel is just a twerp because there is nothing to do but hang up.

Yes, she's called my cell phone too.

Lately, I've been getting lots of robo calls saying the IRS has a suit against me...... :glare:   It makes me sad that anyone might fall for that.  

That one was a bit unnerving, because mine was not a robo call but a live person who sounded very professional.

If you have an iphone you can just block the number. I get only a couple calls like that in a year on my cell b/c I just block any unsolicited number that calls.

You know what I think is weird, when I get one my dh will also get one on his cell phone. Sometimes they even ring at the same time. And we don't have sequential numbers

Have you folks who get these calls from Rachel ever considered reporting her to your state Atty General? Some of the stuff that I see, like masking the number etc is obviously illegal. It is unlikely to do much, but if people call and report them often enough it might make a difference. Maybe?

If you have an iphone you can just block the number. I get only a couple calls like that in a year on my cell b/c I just block any unsolicited number that calls.

You know what I think is weird, when I get one my dh will also get one on his cell phone. Sometimes they even ring at the same time. And we don't have sequential numbers

Have you folks who get these calls from Rachel ever considered reporting her to your state Atty General? Some of the stuff that I see, like masking the number etc is obviously illegal. It is unlikely to do much, but if people call and report them often enough it might make a difference. Maybe?

I can do this on my Galaxy S3 phone as well.  Unfortunately, Rachel is just too savvy to use same number each time, so blocking phone numbers only takes care of one of the hundreds of numbers she uses to call.  I am just irritated that it is starting on my cell number.