Menu

Spinning rooms and online auctions

I think I need a :grouphug: I was up till way past midnight trying to get all the items posted for the online auction at ArtforFood, and I didn't eat supper. I woke up at 7 this morning, and as I sat up, the room started spinning (I always thought this was just an expression until now- very unnerving to have it actually happen), and I barely made it to the bathroom (tripping over the dumb cat who thinks it's fun to walk in front of me and stop on every other step as I am trying to go down them) in time to ride the porcelain bus. I have been throwing up all morning, and feel horrible. I have been nibbling on crystalized ginger and soda crackers, and drinking ginger tea, and napping on the couch, but I still have so much to do. I haven't felt this bad in a log time though- oh so very dizzy and nauseous. Sigh.

I have a whole bunch more items to post (blogger had a tizzy fit at how many posts I did yesterday, and made me quit. Now I have to do word verification with every post,sigh), and want to send a big email out to everyone in my inbox, letting them know about the auction, but it is going got be all I can do to type this, and then I will have to rest.

It doesn't help that DH decided this was a good day to have the kids clean up and declutter the basement, sigh. I know he is trying to help, but it would have reassured me so much to know they had breakfast, did their chores, and practiced piano, you know? In addition to taking care of my mom, and running this project, I have been working very hard with the kids for the last two weeks, getting rhythms and routines set in place for fall, and I would have liked him to keep that up for me.

I need you guys to tell me to put the compy down, put the ear plugs in (I can hear the kids fighting in the basement, sigh), and rest up, and then do the rest of this compy work tonight. And then I need you all to tell me that the auction will be a success, everything will be bid upon, we will make lots of money to fight hunger, and then I will be able to rest up and be ready for all the things we are planning on being up to this fall.

PS: And because you pity me in my sick state, and to make me feel better, those of you who like to do your Christmas shopping early are all goin gto go bid on some wonderful gifts, right?? ;-)

LB, whose nickname should be Ralph today. (Sorry, but I was trying for a little sickness humour.)

Hey, Needle, THERE you are! I've been wondering how things are going, and it's nice to see you.

Sorry you are sick. Perhaps you have fluid in your ears. Try a strong decongestant for the dizziness.

Eat some crackers or something, so it doesn't further upset your tum.

Feel better!