Menu

:( Stylist cut my hair too short. Cool scarf ideas?

Alicia64

I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me. I wear a bob about an inch under my chin. My hair is curly, but I straighten w/ a round brush. (This has only happened in my new state -- it never happened prior.)

All I can figure is that my wet hair curls up a lot more than stylists realize when they're cutting. I try to go to the same stylist, but two moved and one left to have a baby and never returned.

Anyway, any cool scarf ideas or ways to wear my hair so it looks more tousled than clipped? :( I like a casual, non helmet hair look -- and it looks sort of helmety now.

All suggestions welcome. I've even thought of hair extensions because I'm so danged tired of waiting for my hair to grow!!! (Btw, where/how do you get those?)

Alley

How about getting a narrow scarf to tie around your head like a headband? I have very short hair and wear scarves like that sometimes. You can either let the ends trail down your back, or tie them into a bow and slide it to just behind your ear. It's a very bohemian look, and I usually get compliments about it.

• Like 2

How about getting a narrow scarf to tie around your head like a headband? I have very short hair and wear scarves like that sometimes. You can either let the ends trail down your back, or tie them into a bow and slide it to just behind your ear. It's a very bohemian look, and I usually get compliments about it.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking exactly. Really lame question: where do you buy this kind of scarf. All I can think of is Whole Foods.

Your pic is really cute.

Alley

I've found mine at Ross (although my local store has switched over to knit scarves now for winter), thrift stores, and vintage resale shops. They're really not as common as traditional scarves, unfortunately. Some stores do sell actual headbands with long "tails" of fabric to achieve the same look. I think I saw some at Claire's recently.

Well, as a fellow curly girl who just got a shorten-than-ever cut, I say let your curls fly!  :D  Read "Curly Girls" by Lorraine Massey for some tips on how to embrace and really get curls to do what they can do (unless you've already done that of course, and don't care to anymore).

• Like 3

• 1 year later...