Menu

college student and voting

Sunshine State Sue

My son very quickly registered for the draft after he turned 18 but as far as I know has still not registered to vote.  I informed him that I would think that a person who could potentially be drafted would have a vested interest in having a voice in government.  I don't think that got through though.  

I sent DS22 his absentee ballot request - with the stamp already on it - this week.  I just got a second one ion the mail and will send that off to DS18 this week in his care package (pre-stamped of course!).  DD20 always requests her absentee ballot online, but I did send her the link as a reminder again.  All three of my kids have voted each year since they turned 18.

Interesting. I thought that as long as ds was a dependent of ours, his legal residence would be our home, and he would vote in elections here.

In Georgia, GA resident students are allowed to register at college. I know it was different in VA where I went to school. I voted absentee while I was in college.