Menu

History, according to my 5-year-old

Kids are funny. I read a chapter on Alexander the Great to dd, "his army mutinied, flatly refusing to go conquer India, so Alex went back to his tent to sulk, etc." 

Me: "So tell me what happened in this chapter."

Her: "Alexander the Great went camping."

Not what I was looking for, but quite correct. 

We had a weekend like that. Dd4 is extremely consumed by Greek Mythology at the moment, so we took her to a larger museum with a collection of ancient Greek and Roman artifacts. i discovered she has an interesting view on Zeus and Hera. "Mom, maybe Hera wouldn't hae been so mean and vengeful if Zeus would stop making all those BABIES! said in a voice definitely not museum-appropriate:)

Afterward we took her to her first play as a suprise. Totally innocuous, a Rapunzel variation. So when she got VERY upset when we found our seats I couldn't figure out why.

The guy directly behind us was wearing a shirt with Abraham Lincoln on it and she was worried he was going to get shot by John Wilkes Booth😳

Because apparently plays are synonymous with assassination in her mind:(

We had a weekend like that. Dd4 is extremely consumed by Greek Mythology at the moment, so we took her to a larger museum with a collection of ancient Greek and Roman artifacts. i discovered she has an interesting view on Zeus and Hera. "Mom, maybe Hera wouldn't hae been so mean and vengeful if Zeus would stop making all those BABIES! said in a voice definitely not museum-appropriate:)

Afterward we took her to her first play as a suprise. Totally innocuous, a Rapunzel variation. So when she got VERY upset when we found our seats I couldn't figure out why.

The guy directly behind us was wearing a shirt with Abraham Lincoln on it and she was worried he was going to get shot by John Wilkes Booth😳

Because apparently plays are synonymous with assassination in her mind:(

One of my mythology club kids, after we built the family tree for the Greek Gods commented "If Zeus were my husband, I'd shoot him!"- the moms present were having a hard time not bursting out laughing-because that's about the way we saw it, too !

One of my mythology club kids, after we built the family tree for the Greek Gods commented "If Zeus were my husband, I'd shoot him!"- the moms present were having a hard time not bursting out laughing-because that's about the way we saw it, too !

Too cute:)

Speaking of your mythology club, I was thinking of it a couple of days ago. We are going to the UK for Christmas and have decided to take Alex for a week side trip to Greece. Planning on hitting as many museums, temple ruins, etc as possible. Happy to bring back anything that can fit in a suitcase or be shipped:)

I will send you a PM with details:)