Menu

Math Fact Apps

lexi

I want my dd to practice her facts on her own (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).

She has an iPad and I'd like to find some good apps for her. I don't mind paying for them if they are worth it. What are your favorite math apps that would reinforce the math facts?

We've tried several different iPad apps, but none compare to Timez Attack for math facts. It's fun, engaging, and producing results—well worth the 12-month license for $60 (dual operation). Apparently, they're gearing new products for the iPad, but they're not available at this time. We're currently running it on our iMac.

ETA: We are no longer using Timez Attack. Alien-ish creatures and such are just not our cup of tea.

Timez Attack didn't work for my seven year olds. They were very frustrated by the penalty aspect of taking too long. Lots of tears! That said, we just did the free version.

They love Pet Bingo. They play it in their free time even. There's also a really cool game called Numbers League, but it isn't exactly fact practice. YodelOh looks cool, but they have gotten into it much.

Another here whose children disliked Timez Attack (even though *I* thought it was pretty cool.)  It's worth a look to try the free version.

On our iPad we have the following (these have all survived deletion, as I know they get played):

Splash Math

Math Town

Math Museum

Wild Krats Creature Math (this may be too young for your elder DD, but maybe the 6 & 5 year old would like it?)

Math Doodles

MathIgnition

FactorSamurai

Marble Math

• 2 weeks later...