Menu

When it rains...

it definately pours.

A few weeks ago my oldest went to stay with grandma for a few days. While she was there one of their newborn kittens died. It's the first time dd had experienced the death of a pet. She was heartbroken to say the least. That same day they found a tiny little gecko and grandma let her put it in the jar to keep. They bought gecko food and she brought it home. She's done a great job of keeping it's cage clean and remembering to feed and water it.

Today we took the plunge to get a real terrarium for it with all the cool accessories. When we got home, the *#&@^*@ little thing had died.

So, after our horrible morning saying goodbye to dh, we had a horrible stinking afternoon. Argh! I want to go get a kitten because at least I know how to take care of them, but I think DH might disown me if he came home to a cat. Another dog would put my old lovey dog into an early grave I'm afraid because he's so jealous.

Once again, here I am unable to make the situation better. I think I'm going to pour a big fat glass of wine and go to bed. Tomorrow has to be a better day!