Menu

For those that use CAP Fable

We are on lesson 3.  So far, according to their schedule, you read the lesson and fable on the first day, then answer the questions.  The second day the student does their writing.  The third day is for rhetoric.  At this point, rhetoric is just reading their rewritten fables aloud.  If the rhetoric portion continues to be so simple, you could definitely tack it onto the writing day.  Conversely, you could do the reading one day, the questions the next, spread the writing over two days, and do your reading on day 5.

We did one chapter over 4 days each week. We didn't always break it up the same way each time. We finished it in a semester. 8 days would have been way too slow for my 3rd grader (last year) who enjoys writing.

It took us 20-40 minutes each day.

We usually did one chapter a week, however long we felt like it for the day, which was usually 30-45 minutes. Depending on when we finished it in the week we might do something else on other days for writing as we did WWE3 concurrently.

eta: It usually took us 3 days to finish a chapter in Fable, when we got to Narrative it was more consistently 4 days.

When doing all of it, we usually did:

Day 1: Beginning up through Copywork

Day 2: Dictation up to just before the writing assignment

Day 3: Writing assignment

Some lessons have a second writing assignment (ie, summary AND amplification). In those cases, we'd do one writing assignment each day.

There are some shorter lessons on occasion. We had one recently that only took a day. I aim for one lesson per week, and we do other writing on the other days (we're using EIW also).

When doing all of it, we usually did:

Day 1: Beginning up through Copywork

Day 2: Dictation up to just before the writing assignment

Day 3: Writing assignment

Some lessons have a second writing assignment (ie, summary AND amplification). In those cases, we'd do one writing assignment each day.

There are some shorter lessons on occasion. We had one recently that only took a day. I aim for one lesson per week, and we do other writing on the other days (we're using EIW also).

I didn't try to schedule it any more deeply than one lesson a week, but this is about how it ended up looking for us, too.

I'm using Kolbe and they split it up over 8 days. It is split up that way in the Teacher Guide as well.

In the W&R teacher's guide it is split into 3-4 days, and suggests alternating weekly with outside grammar.

However, that would mean one book would take 28 weeks! We plan to do three days of W&R and one day of grammar each week for 14 weeks. We plan to do reading the fable, Tell it Back and Go Deeper one day, Writing Time one day, and finish Writing Time and do the rhetoric activities the third day.

In the W&R teacher's guide it is split into 3-4 days, and suggests alternating weekly with outside grammar.

However, that would mean one book would take 28 weeks! We plan to do three days of W&R and one day of grammar each week for 14 weeks. We plan to do reading the fable, Tell it Back and Go Deeper one day, Writing Time one day, and finish Writing Time and do the rhetoric activities the third day.

I confused CAP Fable with another Fable curriculum. Sorry!