Menu

I love having friends from every age category.

LOL talk about changing culture.

I'm not a great-grandma but I am 62 and glad that you like being friends with different aged people. I find that people in homeschool groups are not as friendly as they were when I was younger. I guess I'm just a shock. There is one lady who is friendly enough but she always calls me "grandma." I'm a pacifist and I still want to haul off and sock her! I'm not your grandma, lady! And plese don't be condescending!

One of my dearest friends recently turned 70. She and I are totally kindred spirits, and it's so wild when I think that there's almost a 40 year age difference! I like having friends of various ages. It adds some interesting twists sometimes . :)

As my eldest DD said, "You're not old until you are Dumbledore old."  Yes, Dumbledore's dead.  That's her point.  No one is old until they are dead a while.

That being the case, we are all just kids!  I like playing with kids of all ages, and so do my kids.  I turn 50 later this summer, and I plan to have a PARTY.  You all can come -- we'll bake cookies, get my BIL to play bartender, and borrow my youngest's Orbeez foot spa.  My kids and nephew give quite nice backrubs, too.  And then we can get out the Super Soakers and chase the boys....  And then we can tell stories!

Yes, one of my (very few) kindred spirits is also of a different generation than I am - she remarks on it frequently, but it doesn't seem strange to me at all.

It's so funny, that wheel of life - everything is constantly changing, and yet, things are the same today as they were 100 years ago (in many respects).