Menu

What major sporting event do you most enjoy?

I love the Olympics (summer *and* winter -- I skated for years, and because of my sister's gymnastics, I love both) and World Cup soccer. I don't generally watch sports otherwise, but I enjoy all of those. They're just so much more than the sports involved...

I grew up in a small Texas football town where I was a cheerleader throughout high school. When we went to the playoffs there was a sign someone posted at the edge of town that read, "Last one out of town turn off the lights!" It was very important to our town, and I loved it! Of course I was friends with the boys on the team so that made watching even more exciting.

I went to Texas A&M and if you know anything about that school, you probably understand how much I enjoyed watching football in college.

But professional? Blah. A bunch of overpaid, spoiled, lawbreaking jerks? I know that is a HUGE overgeneralization and there are some really cool guys playing out there, but being in Dallas where Tom Landry had commanded such a tradition of gentlemanliness from the team, I can't stomach watching them anymore. Maybe if we lived in another city I could get behind a more upstanding team.

Yep, I used to love the Oilers back in Earl Campbell's day, and then Warren Moon. But the Texans? Blech. I just don't like pro ball much anymore. I agree about the college ball, Amy, but you're rooting for the wrong team. The right team wears burnt orange. Hook 'em! (Says the mother of an Aggie wannabe who is bent on breaking her Daddy's heart).:D

I really enjoy watching the NCAA basketball tournament! We have a family pool going for that one, and the winner gets to eat at their favorite restaurant!!! (It's awesome...except for that year when our then 7 year old won and we were forced to go to Chuck E. Cheese!)

I'm only into the Superbowl if the Redskins are in it (which hasn't happened in years) and the World Series if the Orioles are in it (which hasn't happened in decades)

I like watching college football!!! So the bowl games are always great to watch around the holidays!!

Another baseball junkie here. I'm a Texas Rangers fan (deep sigh.) I love the World Series no matter who is in it. (Someday maybe the Rangers.)

We admire the Tour de France. Ds got to be on the sidelines in 2007. He said the go by FAST. :D