Menu

Another cake s/o

MrsMommy

I know there are at least a few other ladies local to the St. Louis area here, and I wanted to share what our city is doing to celebrate its 250th birthday:

"Cakeway to the West"

All of the cake threads had me thinking how much I like these birthday cakes...and they're educational, too! We've learned so much about the history of the city and surrounding area, and been places I'd never heard of (and a few I was previously scared to visit). So far we've seen 213 of them, and as long as they get the last 10 cakes placed soon, we should be done in a few weeks. I can't imagine a better public art project to celebrate a milestone like this!

Just wanted to share our summer cake project. :)

Thanks! They've apparently gotten tied up in red tape for the last group, so who knows how long it will be. I admit that the first thing I do every day is check the official list, and see if they've added any...it's so fun!

A tour bus would be helpful...we've been to the ends of the earth a few times. :) And driven through some things that have terrified me (and that's not even the bad neighborhoods!). But we challenged ourselves to do it when we heard about it, and we've done well so far!