Menu

United Streaming for $49 (x-post gen board)

icon1.gifUnited Streaming for $49

This is even a better deal than Homeschool Buyers Coop. If you join southwest home education for 49 dollars. United Streaming is free with the membership. As far as I can tell, this is a secular group without requirements. (other than the membership fee)

And--just for the record--I want to go on their Tall Ships expedition!!

http://http://www.southwest-home-education.com/join.html

nandell

Is this for real? I cannot believe it! Has anyone tried it?

:lurk5::lurk5::lurk5::lurk5:

Is it worth e-mailing and asking if members outside their geographic region could join for the benefit? I would really hate to see them lose their privilege because of this. But I would LOVE to get access to US for that price!!!

My email to them:

Do you have to live in your region? Is United Streaming available to anyone who joins? How is it accessed? Thanks

Their Reply:

Yes, you may join!

Just be aware that if you do not reside in a state that touches Arizona (California, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Nevada) then we won?t be able to offer leader services such as co-ops, P.E. activities, or fundraising. Eventually, we plan to have a national organization, but for now all of these things fall under our liability insurance and our tax exempt status, both of which bound us to border states.

You will be able to take advantage of the United Streaming, access to the member calendars (you can join us for any field trips if you are traveling our way) and any online services we offer such as the private forums, and any online classes.

Hope this helps!

Dianne McLean

Regional Director

http://www.southwest-home-education.com

My email to them:

Do you have to live in your region? Is United Streaming available to anyone who joins? How is it accessed? Thanks

Their Reply:

Yes, you may join!

Just be aware that if you do not reside in a state that touches Arizona (California, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Nevada) then we won?t be able to offer leader services such as co-ops, P.E. activities, or fundraising. Eventually, we plan to have a national organization, but for now all of these things fall under our liability insurance and our tax exempt status, both of which bound us to border states.

You will be able to take advantage of the United Streaming, access to the member calendars (you can join us for any field trips if you are traveling our way) and any online services we offer such as the private forums, and any online classes.

Hope this helps!

Dianne McLean

Regional Director

http://www.southwest-home-education.com

You beat me to it! I got the same e-mail. I just cannot believe this deal!

I've heard a lot about United Streaming, but don't know enough about it... Can someone tell me the details of it?? Does it offer video segments of various topics?

Also, what is a typical yearly cost (how much of a savings is the Southwest co-op price?)

Thanks for the info!

Yahoo! I got that email too - I've been very interested in this but didn't want to spring for it. (Same exact email - I'll bet she got flooded with questions from all of us and copied and pasted them all! :001_smile:)

To answer your question, SS, the sticker price is $265 a year, I believe. If you order it through the Homeschool Buyers Coop, it's $129 a year. Makes this $49 offer pretty amazing, huh! :hurray:

If you don't know much about United Streaming you can check out their site or sign up for a 30 day trial.

I wonder if this is the full "United Streaming" package or the partial one that is offered through Homeschool Buyers Club. We have access to powermediaplus.com through our state and it seems to have about 70% of what's available on the partial United Streaming package.

• 4 months later...