Menu

Moncton, NB

liber

My parents and two of my brothers have homes within the lockdown area. I live just outside of the city. It's scary here right now. They still have not captured the gunman apparently and rcmp are advising people to stay locked inside. Schools and businesses are closed. Hoping now that daylight is here the search will turn fruitful. If you're the praying kind, we could use your prayers.

Liber, are you originally from this area?

Scary stuff. Hope you are all safe, those who are in the area.

It's amazing the photos some folks were able to get of this guy and not get shot! One photo I saw was maye 8 - 10 ft away from the suspects back. Even with zoom that seems risky to me.

Someone I was talking to who is in the area said it seems like he is only targeting law enforcement officers. My partner and I looked at the fellas Facebook page last night and he had a lot of pretty intense "anti-police" sentiments there.

So sad and horrifying for all those affected. Hopefully there is no more fatalities and the young man is taken into custody soon. I keep thinkin about why on earth he would be this angry (he certainly appeared angry on his fb page).

Sending Loving thoughts to everyone who is dealing with this today.

Yes, I've checked out his f/b page and that does seem to be his agenda. It's so weird, I saw his face and realized he has served our family many times at Walmart, helping us carry large items out - that sort of thing. Who would have ever thought someone with such a regular life (on the surface, at least) would be capable of mass killing?

One news story quoted an ex-coworker of his as saying he had said he wanted to go out in a blaze and take people with him. If that's true, why on earth wouldn't the police have been notified?!

Call me crazy but a small part of me hopes they take him alive so we can know more about his motivations.

This is what I've been thinking all night. But does that ever happen? I've often wondered why they don't use the same kinds of guns they use on large animals - the kind that deliver a dose of meds that makes them sleep, but if he's got high powered weapons I guess they have to think about the safety of officers and bystanders.

My parents and two of my brothers have homes within the lockdown area. I live just outside of the city. It's scary here right now. They still have not captured the gunman apparently and rcmp are advising people to stay locked inside. Schools and businesses are closed. Hoping now that daylight is here the search will turn fruitful. If you're the praying kind, we could use your prayers.

Liber, are you originally from this area?

Born and raised in Nova Scotia. My parents and other family live in Moncton and quite a few still in NS. I get home every summer for about a month. I need my ocean fix.

Just read one news report saying he was from a Christian family who homeschooled him. Why is that relevant? I hardly think if he was raised by secular parents who sent him to public school that it would be mentioned.

I don't think they know where he is at. He wasn't in the apartment building. My brother said the last known sighting of him was Gorge Rd this morning and he easily could have slipped away into the country. My brother never did believe that he was in the apartment building because he would have had to go down mountain undetected which he thought would be difficult. My moms neighbourhood is still in lockdown. Her plane gets in tonight at midnight and my parents are staying the night at my brothers.

I don't think they know where he is at. He wasn't in the apartment building. My brother said the last known sighting of him was Gorge Rd this morning and he easily could have slipped away into the country. My brother never did believe that he was in the apartment building because he would have had to go down mountain undetected which he thought would be difficult. My moms neighbourhood is still in lockdown. Her plane gets in tonight at midnight and my parents are staying the night at my brothers.

Here's the latest from the CBC:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-manhunt-enters-2nd-tense-night-1.2665707

I am glad your mother has somewhere to go.