Menu

What just happened to me Dr. Hive (TMI, sorry)

plain jane

I was having dinner with my family. It was a late one but we had a late lunch. I was feeling perfectly fine.  I have had issues with my gallbladder but against my better thinking decided to have fries (made at home).  I have a low functioning gallbladder, no stones.

I finally sat down to eat a piece of fish and all of a sudden was overwhelmed with nausea... so much so that I had to run to the bathroom.  But despite many (ahem) attempts, nothing came out. (sort of like when you have a stomach virus but have nothing left inside, except I had a lot of fries and some fish so I know my stomach was not empty).  Now I feel a bit shaky from the experience (I have really bad emitophobia) but other than that, perfectly fine.  I feel like I could just go on with life like nothing happened but my stomach, not mid like near belly button feels a bit "full and off".

What just happened?  Gallbladder thing?  Please tell me I don't have a weird stomach virus. 

It could have just been a weird temporary sensory thing. I have actually had something very similar to that happen when I made fried flounder once. I was fine while I was cooking it, but when I sat down to eat it... :ack2:

And I like fried flounder!

So I don't know what happened to you, but at least I can tell you you're not alone (and my gallbladder is fine.)

I hope you feel fine soon! :grouphug: I know I wasn't hungry for a while, but the actual nausea passed quickly. Air the house out, though, if it smells fishy, just to be safe!

Thanks, Cat.  That was not an awesome experience.  I'm ok with whatever it is as long as it's not contagious.  I have too many kids for this to have to go through right now and the timing is awful. 

I feel fine, other than the worry, but I do have a weird heaviness in my stomach, which I sometimes get when my gallbladder takes offence to something I have eaten.  :-/  No nausea though.  Just weirdly uncomfortable. 

Thanks, Cat. That was not an awesome experience. I'm ok with whatever it is as long as it's not contagious. I have too many kids for this to have to go through right now and the timing is awful.

I feel fine, other than the worry, but I do have a weird heaviness in my stomach, which I sometimes get when my gallbladder takes offence to something I have eaten. :-/ No nausea though. Just weirdly uncomfortable.

Well, the fries could be aggravating your gallbladder, so that would explain the weird heavy feeling.

It doesn't sound like a virus to me. (I hope it isn't!!!!!!)

Sounds like gallbladder to me as well. I have a "spasmodic" irritable gallbladder so I deal with this too. If I eat anything too greasy or that has pork or some forms of chocolate, it sets mine off.

I'll tell you the secret the ER doc told me - Gas-x chewables will relax the gallbladder in less than 20 minutes. It also curbs the nausea. Take 2 chewables, if it still hurts in 20 minutes take 2 more. It's nearly impossible to OD on it, fwiw.

You still have to watch what you eat, but if you goof, it helps A LOT.