Menu

Itzhak Perlman stranded at airport

Angie in VA

This makes me so sad, for anyone needing assistance, not just this virtuoso.

"Mr. Perlman said that, on Monday, an Air Canada employee who was supposed to assist him instead abandoned him with his luggage, crutches and violin in the zone between the arrival gates and passport control."

And the response:

Air Canada donates 500,000 Aeroplan points to charity

Hmmm...it sounds bad, but let me say this. I have personally dealt with Mr. Perlman and if he treated thi pdrson as badlynas he treated me and the director as well as the concertmaster, then it may have been justifiable. He has a history that is not pretty. The owner of the Amigo motorized chair company has been on the receiving end ofsome serius, uncalled for verbal abuse.( I knew their former sales director quite well because her son took piano lessons from me.)

I'd like to know the other side of the story.

Hmmm...it sounds bad, but let me say this. I have personally dealt with Mr. Perlman and if he treated thi pdrson as badlynas he treated me and the director as well as the concertmaster, then it may have been justifiable. He has a history that is not pretty. The owner of the Amigo motorized chair company has been on the receiving end ofsome serius, uncalled for verbal abuse.( I knew their former sales director quite well because her son took piano lessons from me.)

And there is ALWAYS another side!

Wow. I'd never heard that about him.

Hopefully, I encountered him at an odd bad time, but the experience was so bad I would never help him again! It sounds like a lot of you have stories on this airline that are pretty awful so it's hard to say.

The STRAD...that beautiful instrument never hurt anyone! It did notdeserve such treatment, LOL! ( toungue in cheak...the tablet won't pull up the emoticons)