Menu

Suggestion for L.Arts

RenJac1501

Does anyone have any suggestions for Grammar, DH lost his over time so I cant afford to spend alot .

I gave my son a placement test and he squeeked by,he is in 5th.

I was needing some suggestions for it.

Links for printables would also be helpful.

Thanks again

Renee

I would recommend R & S, also. It is good, and it is relatively cheap. You do not need the worksheets - that will save a few dollars. I do recommend the tests though, if you are a test type of mom. Make sure you get the TM (it's a must in my book). If you look at rodandstaffbooks.com you should be able to see samples of the books to know where to place your son. HTH.

Does anyone have any suggestions for Grammar, DH lost his over time so I cant afford to spend alot .

I gave my son a placement test and he squeeked by,he is in 5th.

I was needing some suggestions for it.

Renee

I wouldn't recommend R&S (or BJUP, or ABeka) if you are only looking for grammar. However, if you also need writing then my recommendation is R&S.

R&S doesn't have a Web site; you can call (606) 522-4348 to request a free catalog, scope and sequence, and curriculum samples.

K.I.S.S. Grammar is a free sight. He has workbooks for 2nd and 3rd but also free printable material for older students. It actually started as a complete, 4 level, course but he has tried to adapt it to "grade levels" for those who want workbooks. Since your son is older you may just want to check out the independent study material and follow his four level method, or even the self-paced course. There is a ton of free grammar resources on this website but it is really a pain to try to navigate. You really have to spend some time going over what is there to understand it.

HTH

http://home.pct.edu/~evavra/KISS.htm

Click on "The Kiss Grammar Workbooks" link and that will take you to all of the instructional material, even the independent study stuff.