Menu

S/O Easter baskets for babies?

MomtoCandJ

Seeing the thread for Easter baskets for older kids got me thinking on what to do for dd2. She will be 3 months old 3 days after Easter. I'm thinking rattles, swimsuit, sun glasses and a life jacket. Anything else we should add?

Oh and we would like to have some ideas for dd1 as well, she's 5 yrs old (so far we have sunglasses and water shoes). We are trying to decrease the candy and go more for things they need anyways for spring/summer.

DS was 6 months old on his first Easter and we got a board book, a stuffed bunny, and yogurt melts. DD will be 9 months and will be getting the same.

DS (4.5) is getting a water play table instead of trinkets this year. I already got him a book and a Curious George DVD so he'll get those and a small chocolate bunny.

Ideas for DD 5 for summer play: giant soft foam Frisbee, jump rope, chalk, bubbles, sand toys, water/sand wheel, beach towel (possibly embroidered by a local shop or friend with a machine?), bucket-style stilts, soccer ball, bug jar/magnifyer/net/bug vacuum, hula hoop, ring toss, Klutz book of some sort, giant bubble wand, dress up accessories, art supplies, spray bottle with fan attached (HUGE hit here), bath or pool toys, binoculars...

I tend to do a few things just so the older kids don't think the Bunny forgot the baby! ;)

Your list sounds like plenty! My toddler will be getting this book: Little Bunny Follows His Nose (Scented Storybook) by Katherine Howard et al. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0375826440/ and possibly a stuffie or small toy with some yogurt melts or little raisin boxes.

I tend to do a few things just so the older kids don't think the Bunny forgot the baby! ;)

This is why I bought a basket last weekend for the will-be-born-before-Easter baby!  He will get pacifier clips.

My girls are getting...um...I think a sticker book and a puzzle, plus a little candy.  Not too season-specific there, sorry.  

DS will be 5 mos and will be getting some board books and an outfit.  We have too many stuffed animals so I will not be purchasing any for his or DD's baskets.  I will also give dirty looks to any relatives that give them any more stuffed animals.  

DD will be getting candy, a few Horrible Histories books, and an outfit.