Menu

favorite protein powder?

Mandylubug

I'm on the market for a great protein powder. Preferably soy free. It will be used mainly for recovery after workout. I purchased EAS Recovery Protein and like it. I mixed it with chocolate almond milk.

This is my first time planning on using protein regularly. Texture is important. Any others I should try or not try?

I've heard good things on shakeology and advocare products but they are quite pricey.

I'm a fan of pea protein. And I try to stay away from whey proteins. I am a bit sensitive to the aftertaste found in many protein powders (and bars), but have found that the Arbonne powder doesn't have that distinct flavor. It is also soy free.

We use 100% pea or pumpkin protein powder.  I mix in smoothies, yogurt and such.  It tastes fine to us and it does not have a grainy taste.  Both are soy free.

I haven't tried pumpkin protein, but if you have links to the above, I'd love to check them out.

For a plain old whey protein I like Terra's Whey or Bluebonnet. I also like Vega products (vegan, so no whey there obviously). I like their Performance Protein, Vega One, or the Protein Smoothie. The Performance Protein has the highest protein content and would be best of the three for recovery purposes, and I also like the taste of it best. Vega is more pricey than a no-frills whey powder, though.