Menu

Now it's starting to really feel like spring!

creekland

The garden had its first rototilling today.  We bought broccoli plants, peas, kale, and lettuce to plant on Thursday (after a few more winter days).  The grass is turning green, plus we have 9 bunches of crocuses blooming... with daffodils and hyacinths not too far behind... and, it was 64 sunny degrees out.

There's a reason spring is my favorite season!  It's always much nicer after a hard winter too.

My mom (upstate NY - Canadian border) had more snow.  On the phone today I reminded her why we moved further south... and invited her (again) to join us.  I actually like winter (and dislike hot summers).  I just like a shorter winter than what I grew up with.  To those still in winter's blast... I'll try to send some spring air north!

I suppose it does help to not have allergies... :grouphug:  to those with them.

Now we're in for four days of "Sprinter" (neat word!) - one of those with snow!!! - before we can get outside and start planting what we bought.  I'm definitely ready for it.

Fresh apples would taste good... but I'm definitely not ready for fall just yet.

Fall is my favorite season, what with the leaves changing color.  But I also like spring a lot.  I even like winter.  I HATE summer.  always have, when I was a kid leaving in North Texas with its stinking hot summers and even here in NJ, I hate summer.  We also tend to have very short springs here so I try to enjoy the spring, short as it can be, knowing that summer would be coming soon.