Menu

Loud Pipes Save Lives..... there's nothing like Bagpipe Rock!

We love bagpipes too! I want to listen but the link is not working.

We have a couple bagpipe players in our church and sometimes they lead the procession and it is amazing!

I used to live in Kingston, Ontario... there was a bagpipe busker (a good one). There's one here in Portland too, but he's not nearly so enjoyable. :rolleyes: It's long since closed down, but every Robbie Burns day in Kingston we'd go to the Wellington and hear a piper from Royal Military College play before Gerry O'Kane came out to sing. Those were some of the best lose-yourself-in-joy nights of my life.

I love, love, love bagpipes. And fiddles.

... oh yeah.

Any band that references the Mabinogi in their name is going into my iTunes.

Ah, but can we really give them the credit? Here's what their website says:

"The only thing they had to do was come up with a name. Led Zeppelin was already taken, as was the Tanahill Weavers. The Led Weavers sounded pretty lame, as did the Tanahill Zeppelins so one mid afternoon, while playing hooky from work the boys found their name in a book somewhere. It was actually pretty uneventful. That name was Prydein (don't worry, they didn't know what it meant or how to pronounce it either)."

:smilielol5:

Yeah, what the hey--they're wearing kilts. They mock themselves. They rock the pipes. They get my vote! I'll even hail them the official shout-out of my clan: "Creag an Tuirc!"

If you love pipes, you'll love The Old Blind Dogs, a Scottish group. They are awesome. Their piper is THE best I've ever heard. He plays the Ullian pipes.

Our dd plays the fiddle, and pipes are next on her list of things to learn. We are currently in touch w/two teachers.