Menu

Williamburg Home Educators Sept 6-19 Anyone else going?

Here is a link for information

http://www.history.org/history/teaching/groupTours/images/HomeEducators.pdf

If you call the 800 number at the bottom they will send you a packet of information. We have gone for several year and it is a blast. I biggest decision is always were to stay. Has anyone ever stayed at the Woodlands? We have never tried it and have wondered how it is.

If you call the 800 number at the bottom they will send you a packet of information. We have gone for several year and it is a blast. I biggest decision is always were to stay. Has anyone ever stayed at the Woodlands? We have never tried it and have wondered how it is.

I stayed at the Woodlands years ago. I believe they've been remodeled since then. It is comprised of multiple single level hotel buildings (6 rooms or so per building) in a wooded area within walking distance of the main Visitor's Center and the buses to the historical district. However some would be a bit of a walk so buses do make the rounds. There is a coffee shop on the grounds that is easy to get into, has more typical modern foods, is less expensive and less atmospheric than the taverns in the historic district. The buildings remind me of long, narrow cabins.

Now that I think about it, some of the buildings might be 2 story.

We're going! I think the Sun. in between and the following Mon and Tues. DD is dancing on Sat. at the VA Highland Games, dh has to be in Charlottesville later that week so we're making a nice family trip out of it.:)

If you're in the DC area, REACH is having an even cheaper day in November.

We may do a long weekend to Williamsburg sometime this fall if things fall into place, but DH isn't interested in doing Colonial Williamsburg, so we may go separately with REACH. Or Christian Light is doing a day at the Frontier Village in Stauton in October that we may do. I want to do something colonial this fall because we're studying that period at home. Decisions!

Oh stop! You guys are breaking my heart! I have very few regrets about going to the west coast, but not being able to go to CW is one of them! And we even have dear friends in Yorktown who let us camp at their house so we don't have to do the hotel thing. Argh! I really miss going to CW. It's one of my favorite places.

What's really sad is that some people out here haven't even HEARD of CW, let alone have been there. Sigh.