Menu

just discovered wooded walking trail catty corner to our new house

Jeannie in NJ

when we got the offer on our house, we only had 3 weeks to find a new house.  We knew this area a little bit cause extended family lives here but did not know the area that well.  So we found a house we love and moved in just before Christmas.  Have been so busy that the only walking dh and I have done was in the neighborhood in the opposite direction.  We are the 4th house from the corner of a quiet road and across the street from us is a duck pond.  The other day, dh said "Let's walk that way and see what is beyond the duck pond".  Well catty corner from us and the duck pond we found a wooded park with walking trails, basketball  courts, baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts and a playground and a nice trail thru the woods 23 acres.  We were shocked and so happy so now we have walking there every day and today,while dh was at work, my son asked if he could walk in the park with me.  Very pleased.

There are often hidden gems. When I was leading a family hiking club, we'd meet at one trail or another and parents would tell me that they'd been driving past the place for years and years with no idea that it was open to the public or how beautiful it was. Many didn't even know the Appalachian Trail went through their town! 

Congratulations on finding a special place nearby!