Menu

Did anyone start watching the Olympics events tonight...?

Stacia

I know there have been some Olympics discussions on here already, but I didn't see anything specific posted yet about actually starting to watch the events tonight. I rarely watch tv, but I'm a total Winter Olympics fangirl & need a moment to post my fangirl chit-chat. LOL.

Had a great time watching tonight. For teams skating, I just have to say *wow* to Japan & Russia for their male skaters (Yuzuru Hanyu; Evgeni Plushenko), plus another *wow* for the Russian pairs team (Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov). Bravo! I totally love this stuff.

FYI, here is Yuzuru Hanyu at the 2013 Japanese Nationals skating the same program that he did tonight. He blew everyone away & the commentators even mentioned that all the skating teams (from all the countries) were standing to give him an ovation.

http://youtu.be/eTXmva9Ds8w

And, here are Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov skating their routine (different event, but same skating program they did tonight):

Enjoyed the other events too such as snowboarding & moguls. Hard to believe Canada has 3 sisters who are all competing in this Olympics & even in the same event.

Thanks for humoring my fangirl moment! :001_smile:

Not a figure skating fan here, but we watched some of the other events (via Tunnel Bear) and enjoyed them (slopestyle, moguls, luge).  I'm disappointed that I'm going to have to miss the Opening Ceremonies live as I have to be on the road then to an unchangeable appt.  We ought to be able to catch them shortly afterward though - well before NBC shows them tonight.

I enjoy watching many of the winter sports in the Olympics - even curling!

We enjoyed snowboarding slope and the pairs skate. We didn't have a chance to see Jeremy Abbott's performance in figure skating, but were disappointed to find out it was lackluster and the team is tied for 5th. We are waiting to find out if a tie can go forward into the next events, or if there is some sort of tie breaker that will have to occur. Since the team skate is new, we aren't sure about the rules.

I have a TON of wedding stuff today for that wedding I'm coordinating next weekend, so I'll be missing out...sniff, sniff.