Menu

Math Fact Workbooks

lexi

We are starting Beast Academy 3A (it's tricky! My brain hurts-but we like it so far).

However, I'd like my dd to have some daily fact practice sheets-addition, subtraction, and multiplication.

Recommendations?

I'd rather not have to print them all out. I'd prefer workbooks.

Are there any that are colorful and have fun activities rather than just fact practice pages?

I think I remember seeing some from Mindware but are there more?

It isn't colorful but it worked for my son. It is a workbook that is around 230 pages long called Two Plus Two is Not Five. My son did two pages a day. They go over strategies to learn both addition and subtraction facts. The next book is Five Times Five is Not Ten and it covers multiplication. Playing games to learn the math facts did not work for my son, he needed the written drill to get them down automatically. He can now do a page of 30 addition or subtraction problems (facts up to/from 18)  in 60 seconds or less. 

Do you have an IPad? We have a couple of math apps we practice fact fluency on daily in addition to our regular math.

One we really love is Math Bingo. It allows you to choose add/sub/mult/div, so I can make sure she does a bit of each every day. It also allows you to select easy/med/hard in each operation.

Not exciting, but a cheapie Spectrum workbook is now working for ds.  We were doing the Key to books, but I wanted something that covered division and reviewed some other basic grade level stuff.  I chose it because it's easy.  I needed something easy and traditional to pair with BA.  When he gets frustrated with BA, I send him to do Spectrum.

Thanks for the thoughts!  I'm going to check those out.  Does anyone else have a simple math fact workbook recommendation?  I want something that she can do weekly for review.  She's the kind of kid that needs that review and practice and she actually likes workbooks!  Go figure........

It's not a workbook, but we love the XtraMath website.  It's free, and it is basically flashcard style fact practice (not a game).  It goes through all the operations, waiting for mastery of one before moving on to the next.  It remembers weak areas and reinforces them.  The website describes itself as a "math vitamin" - it takes 5-6 minutes a day, and is best done daily. 

It really is pain-free.