Menu

"Okay, this is seriously inappropriate."

SKL

We love love love HH's here.  Particularly the songs from the shows.  I wouldn't admit this to just anyone but I can name the cast and sing along word for word with most of the songs.  DD likes to play them on youtube while I'm working.  

Wait you guys are talking about a show?  I was talking about the books.

I'm talking about both.  We adore the books and the show here.  There's a live performance in London but we haven't seen that ... yet!  :)

I had to smile, because we had a similar comment today. My son was at a friend's house playing while I was studying in their kitchen. His friend turned on "Phineas and Ferb" which neither he nor I have ever seen, and he said to my friend (the other kid's mom) "this show is inappropriate for me."

I was talking about the books.  I can't seem to find a version of the DVDs that will work in the US.  I hear the ones that are marketed for the US are cartoons and not very good.

We bought them off of Amazon prime. 

http://www.amazon.com/Episode-2/dp/B008XT2RK6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391708095&sr=8-3&keywords=horrible+histories

Is there someplace that lists the Horrible History shows in order by time period?  (dd is studying middle ages, but in China right now....I'd like to be able to direct her to the shows that fit her studies.)

Sorry, the episodes are all over the place. Even inside the episodes they cover different time periods. You CAN find most of them on youtube....

Is there someplace that lists the Horrible History shows in order by time period?  (dd is studying middle ages, but in China right now....I'd like to be able to direct her to the shows that fit her studies.)

The shows and books are very British centered too.  I don't know that I've seen anything other than a few Ancient Egypt episodes that weren't somehow relevant to mainly English history.  The format of the show is like Saturday Night Live if it was done with British history theme and the intended audience was kids.  

The shows and books are very British centered too.  I don't know that I've seen anything other than a few Ancient Egypt episodes that weren't somehow relevant to mainly English history.  The format of the show is like Saturday Night Live if it was done with British history theme and the intended audience was kids.  

And I learned more European history from it than I ever learned in American school. It's added understanding and appreciation to things mentioned in BBC's Sherlock, Call the Midwife, Doctor Who, and Downton Abby. When Mr. Carson made a reference to "Wat Tyler," I knew who that was thanks to HH!