Menu

I want spring!!!!!

MomtoCandJ

Ugh so tired of being cooped up in the house (and not because of dd2). I want to go on walks with the girls, I don't do well with any other form of exercise and I do have some baby weight to lose. There isn't any place local to walk inside and I like more spontaneous outings, listening to birds, and most other nature (don't like biting bugs)... Ok I'm done whining now

I want winter!!  We usually will get quite a few snow days each year (even weeks at a time), but this year we've had something like three days of didn't-even-cover-the-grass snow.  I really like winter and the snow.   

(((Hugs))) to you.  Hope you get your Spring soon. 

ME TOO!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting my hands in the garden bed dirt! Cleaning out my flower beds! Planning my garden! Cleaning up the backyard! Eating at the patio and doing school lessons there! Enjoying drives with the kids with the windows down! Oh and the birth of our little grand finale who is due to arrive at the end of March.

YUP, definitely ready for spring!

I fled from Montana to get away from the snowy weather only to have it follow me here to Illinois. So far, it has been nicer in Montana -- and Alaska -- than here! That is wrong just very, very wrong. I must have a word with the snow gods or appease them or fly away to a tropical beach far away from this hell.

To make matters worse, my neighbor's snow removal people pushed all the snow from their extra large driveway across the street onto my tiny parkway. Although it's against our town's rules to push snow across the street onto someone else's property, I usually don't care as long as they are careful; but this time they lifted the blade on their truck and packed it against my newly planted crabapples. There is 5' of packed snow and slush there now. I'm worried this might damage the trunks. Now I have to go complain to my neighbors. Grrr...

Snow is fun for a few days but with multiple, large snowfalls -- forget it.

Must. find. chocolate.

I will be more then happy to send you some snow, our school has used up all of their snow days and I really don't want dd1 to have to do makeup days. The bad part is, is that most of the snow days was due to cold not actual snow.

My son's high school has had 4 cold/snow days so far. I am wondering if they will close tomorrow due to the dropping temperatures. The school has moved finals two days and tacked on two extra makeup days at the end.

Yes gardening too, we are going to try square foot gardening this year. Starting small this year since I have dd2 and we don't want to spend a whole lot of money if it won't work for us. I have to put our garden towards the road in the only sunny spot in our yard, the rest is a lot of oak and maple trees.

I fled from Montana to get away from the snowy weather only to have it follow me here to Illinois. So far, it has been nicer in Montana -- and Alaska -- than here! That is wrong just very, very wrong. I must have a word with the snow gods or appease them or fly away to a tropical beach far away from this hell.

To make matters worse, my neighbor's snow removal people pushed all the snow from their extra large driveway across the street onto my tiny parkway. Although it's against our town's rules to push snow across the street onto someone else's property, I usually don't care as long as they are careful; but this time they lifted the blade on their truck and packed it against my newly planted crabapples. There is 5' of packed snow and slush there now. I'm worried this might damage the trunks. Now I have to go complain to my neighbors. Grrr...

Snow is fun for a few days but with multiple, large snowfalls -- forget it.

Must. find. chocolate.

You also need to find the receipt for those crabapple trees and a camera to get some good pics of the snow piled against them. Your neighbors - or their snow removal company, who should abide by the law - might have to reimburse you for them if they die.