Menu

Weekly Report 1/31/14

Wish I could get into the blogging, but there just isn't enough time in the day. Quick update on us...

Math... Everyone is continuing in MM and LoF. Dd7 has mastered carrying, and both she and dd8 are loving the chapter on geometry. Dd7&8 finished LoF Apples and have started Butterflies.

Literature... Dd12 is reading the works of William Wordworth, and the youngers are reading Now We Are Six for poetry. Dd12 is wrapping up White Fang and the youngers are finishing up Little House in the Big Woods. We'll have book reports due all around next week. We read Bullocks and Lion and Mercury and the Woodsman in Aesop. Dd12 also read another chapter in Bulfinch's.

Language Arts... Dd12 is wrapping up season one in AG, and finished her first review in Vocabulary of a Classical Roots 5. She finally made it to week 14 in WWS1 and is about half way through. It's slow going but worth it. The youngers learned about proper letter structure and addressing an envelope in FLL2. In WWE2, they learned about direct quotations. They did lesson 4 in SpellWellAa and ETC4. We added ZB to the curriculum this semester, and they are enjoying it.

History... Dd12 is almost half way through The Near Easter World in Ancient Times, and the youngers are into Mummies on SotW. Dd8 is reading You Wouldn't Want to be in Alexander's Army, and dd12 is reading Relentless from a Wicked History (Alexander the Great). We watched The Mummy today, and they loved it! I made sure to point out the jars and sarcophagus. Lol

Science... We learned about Fish! Dd12 did a BrainPop video and the section in CK12 Life Science. The youngers watched a BrainPop Video on Freshwater habitats and continued to read their Magic Schoolbus books. We all watched the BBC Life documentary on fish. Dd12, also, read a couple of chapters in The Storybook of Science and Aristotle Leads the Way.

We went skating with other homeschoolers Monday and had snow to play in the rest of the week.

My first weekly (okay two weeks) wrap-up in a LOOOOONG time is at the link in my signature.  I'm hoping to get back into doing them more regularly but I'll probably be doing them a week behind since the nanny takes the completed work home over the weekend in order to plan the following week, and I want to give her time to send me pictures without bugging her. :001_smile: