Menu

Kissing the Elimination Diet goodbye!

It has been three weeks that my family has been on an allergy discovering diet. And boy, have we discovered them!

Me: Corn causes the searing pain in my muscles that I've had for the last few years (think acid coursing through your whole body).

Wheat causes my airways be be inflamed and raw. Just having a communion wafer last Sunday caused my whole throat to get inflamed!

Cane sugar causes me to be really tired and dopey.

Dh: He has had non-stop sinus problems for years (at least 10). It has caused him to develop diabetes. He is allergic to milk, corn, beef, soy, apples, bananas, and sugar cane. His blood sugar levels have come down lots since we've been on this diet.

DD6: She has had eczema since infancy. She is allergic to wheat, sunflower seeds, bananas, and eggplant.

Ds10: He has environmental allergies to dust etc. but has not tested positive to any food allergies! He would like to be adopted by any non-food allergy homeschooling family. Applicants can reply to this e-mail.

You have quite a challenge, don't you? (((Jean and family)))

On the up-side, (1) now you know, and (2) some of your food allergies overlap and (3) the ones that don't overlap will be pretty easy for everyone to avoid.

Isn't it a relief to know??

It has been three weeks that my family has been on an allergy discovering diet. And boy, have we discovered them!

Me: Corn causes the searing pain in my muscles that I've had for the last few years (think acid coursing through your whole body).

Wheat causes my airways be be inflamed and raw. Just having a communion wafer last Sunday caused my whole throat to get inflamed!

Cane sugar causes me to be really tired and dopey.

Dh: He has had non-stop sinus problems for years (at least 10). It has caused him to develop diabetes. He is allergic to milk, corn, beef, soy, apples, bananas, and sugar cane. His blood sugar levels have come down lots since we've been on this diet.

DD6: She has had eczema since infancy. She is allergic to wheat, sunflower seeds, bananas, and eggplant.

Ds10: He has environmental allergies to dust etc. but has not tested positive to any food allergies! He would like to be adopted by any non-food allergy homeschooling family. Applicants can reply to this e-mail.

Jean,

We just completed "AcuSet" for allergies. My ds and dd had over a hundred food/environmental allergens before treatment. We had been gluten-, dairy-, color- and preservative-free for over two years. After 12 sessions of AcuSet, they're both OFF the restricted diets and back on healthy, but not limited diets. (We're still off chemicals and colors, but that's just b/c those things aren't good for you, not b/c they cause an obvious reaction anymore.)

You read that right: NO MORE SPECIAL DIETS!

The treatment was quick and very affordable -- less than $500 a child. When you consider the cost of the special bread, milk, etc., the cost of the treatments will be recouped in a very short period of time.

If you'd like to learn more, I'd be happy to talk on the phone or email.

Also, check out Dr. Gaffney's website: http://www.acudebra.com or http://www.debragaffney.com

HIH,

Lisa

I'm so glad you were able to figure out some the cause of some of the problems you have been facing.

If you want, I just started a place to talk about allergies, sensitivities and elimination diets (in my signature). There are no other members yet but I'm hoping the group will grow. Anyone is welcome. It is free.