Menu

I can't believe how good quizlet is

I've been meaning for some time to check out some of the online "study" tools that are available. Quizlet isn't the only one by any means, but it's the one where I made an account and create some sets.

I am seriously blown away. The user interface couldn't be easier. I had my sets up and going in just a couple of minutes. Every single step is completely intuitive.

Then the study interface is so much more than I was expecting. You can use the study set as flash cards. I was expecting that. I was not expecting:

1) a voice reading my cards aloud in both English and French

2) exercises for me to practice my listening and spelling

3) games that involve matching items quickly or typing an answer quickly before it scrolls off the screen

4) test that puts the data items together in different ways

5) tracking of my progress and results

6) tools to share my sets with other students or the world

7) lots and lots of free sets already created by other people

I am always so behind on technology so that when I finally try something I always have the feeling that I'm living in the future. :lol: I just did not know that these tools were so full of features and so easy to use. And FREE! I'm excited to make this a part of our learning. 

ETA: I just realized I sound like a commercial for these people. I have no connection to it at all. But I wanted to share in case there's anyone else like me, always the last person to know about whatever is new and cool.

I just downloaded the app for my DD to play with. She loves the Quia games that are used in her online classes (and enjoyed having a month trial to make up her own), but at $49/yr, that's just too much for me to pay for her to create little Neopet identification quizzes.

Is the mirror function something on quizlet? I wonder if we can do this too.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Apple TV (a Roku-like box) lets you mirror what is on an Apple computer, iPad, iPhone, etc so that the screen on your tv is the same as the screen on you device. So, any app you use, such as Quizlet, can be put on TV.

I like it when I am reviewing with dc, as it is better than having multiple people hunched over a computer or tablet.