Menu

If you are a guest at a winter wedding..

Liz CA

Wait, who says that refusing to wear nylons means that people go without socks?  No-show socks are perfect with pumps and half socks work great too.  There are even special socks for slingbacks or for peep-toe and open toe shoes.   

I wish those types of things were readily available in my size. :) Even with them, there is plenty of skin touching the actual shoe, right?

I think the birks you bought are fine. If you like tights/trouser socks then go for it but I wouldn't unless we were talking REAL winter ;).

Black pants (not the s-word, please) or black skirt, same to me. I'd pair it with something dressier than the sweater you linked but I could see that working, too, only you know what casual means in your area. I'd probably choose something like a wrap-top or something with some sheen. Definitely no tucking.

I think black slacks and a colored sweater are fine, if you dress it up with a bit of jewelry.

Sorry, no on the shoes though.  Not appropriate for a dressy event in my opinion.  Sorry!

ETA, just caught that you already bought the shoes.....um, they'll be fine!  ;)

Sorry, I think it dates one to wear some type of hosiery. I wear closed toe shoes with nothing on my skin all the time. In fact, I have on the emerald colored shoes of the version I linked above on right now with no knee high, trouser sock, etc. I think that would look pretty lame with my jeans and sweater unless I had on "mom jeans" and a cat sweatshirt or something. :lol:

Then I'm glad to be dated. :D

Would you wear them to a wedding?

There is a place for not-attractive shoes in this world.  But for a wedding, I think Liz can do better.  And I apologize for calling the shoes ugly.  I am sure they are beautiful on the inside. 

Yes, I would. I have an elegant looking skirt with blacks and tans, and those shoes would look fine with it.  Of course, I would wear them with hose of some sort.   :001_smile:

Perhaps I should qualify that I have RA, and I haven't worn heels in years and probably never will again.