Menu

List of Christian textbook companies?

pocjets

I need to simplify some areas of our homeschooling next year. Is there a list of curriculum providers that produce Christmas textbooks?? I did a search but couldn't come up with anything. I know that textbooks aren't the most popular means of educating but it's still what I'm looking for, for now. :)

I know about Abeka, Christian Liberty Press, and Christian Light Education. I was just wondering if I'm missing any other good ones. Also, are there any specific one that you love for certain subjects?

Thanks for the help!

You can look at christianbook.com and check out their homeschool selection. I agree that it is probably harder to find secular books, than Christian. Horizons/ alpha omega is Christian. Let me think, I'll try to list out what I know.

Sonlight, My fathers world, ACE, apologia, Queens homeschool books, and of course Abeka and BJU press. There is Answers in Genesis, Mystery of History, Math u See, and tons more.

We are Christians, but have enjoyed many secular , but really neutral textbooks as well.

It really depends on you and your child's learning style. What are you looking for?

We've thoroughly enjoyed Rod and Staff.  Their textbooks are very comprehensive and quite inexpensive, especially compared to other Christian publishers, and their teacher's manuals are very user-friendly and helpful.  This year we are (happily) using their math, spelling, English, Bible, reading, science, and history.  (I do add in tons of living books, as well as some suggestions from HOD.) 

P.S.  If you ever have a chance to read "Managers of Their Schools" by Teri Maxwell (www.titus2.com), you might really enjoy it, as it is all about simplifying one's homeschool by using textbooks.

I need to simplify some areas of our homeschooling next year. Is there a list of curriculum providers that produce Christmas textbooks??

I'm assuming this is a typo and you mean "Christian"?

There's also the Amish / Mennonite ones, and some of them don't have websites but do have mailorder catalogs.

• 2 months later...