Menu

Cleaning rates

The couple came to look at my house. Here is what I have:

3 good sized bedrooms with hardwood floors, 3 bathrooms, hallway and stairs have hardwoods, kitchen with eat in area, living room and "dining room" aka school room in one conjoined room, tile entry hall, good sized family room.

They do EVERYTHING! They will be cleaning cabinets, light fixtures, cleaning outside of all appliances, blinds, fans, baseboards, furniture vacuuming, sweep and mop hardwoods and tile, vacuum, dust all surfaces, all bath surfaces, just everything (except windows). They are insured an pay their own social security stuff. They go beyond what others have said they do.

They have been cleaning my picky friend's house for 12 years! I would say that is a good testament. They have other customers that they have had for 21 years!

They are very thorough and efficient.

What do you think, as best you can tell from my description, what range would be good for cost?

ETA: Forgot that I have a 4th room that is the guest room/toy and Lego room. I told them that if it is picked up when they come, great. If it is not, don't worry about it.

So, really, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. I think we are around 2200-2300 sq. feet? They are quoting $95. But the first visit will be extra since it will take them a lot longer to get rid of the extra crud and all. They are providing all the supplies as well.

Oh, they will be cleaning over tops of doorways and pictures and stuff too. They do EVERYTHING!!!! (except windows and inside appliances) Fine by me. Now I just need to get ahold of dh to double confirm he is totally on board and I am good to go.

Yikes! I am so nervous about this. But they are good and professional. He wasn't thrilled with the fact that we are going to be here when they are. He just wants to make sure we aren't in their way. He said they would do the family room first. Then we could stay in that area and be out of each other's way. They like to work hard and move along with no distractions. They don't smoke, stop to eat or drink, sit and rest, or anything, they said. They are from Ukraine and cool accents! So, does this sound good?

They sound fabulous...pay well. It would help to know the square footage of your home, as many folks make their decisions on that. I'll tell you what my gals charge for approximately the same services, paying their own taxes/insurance/bringing own supplies: for 3300 square feet, we pay $100 every two weeks.

HTH.

They do EVERYTHING! They will be cleaning cabinets, light fixtures, cleaning outside of all appliances, blinds, fans, baseboards, furniture vacuuming, sweep and mop hardwoods and tile, vacuum, dust all surfaces, all bath surfaces, just everything (except windows). They are insured an pay their own social security stuff. They go beyond what others have said they do.

They have been cleaning my picky friend's house for 12 years! I would say that is a good testament. They have other customers that they have had for 21 years!

They are very thorough and efficient.

What do you think, as best you can tell from my description, what range would be good for cost?

That's what my cleaning people usually want to do. Then weekly, biweekly, monthly after that. For the first deepclean, it would be more, like 3-4 hours and somewhere between $125 - 175.

Weekly cleanings are usually a bit less than twice a month, assuming it'll be a bit cleaner, but I would figure for that much space and the thoroughness described, you'll be paying somewhere between $75 - $125, depending on where you live. Independent folks usually charge a bit under what the chains do, so maybe $65-100.

If it worked, I tried to underline the most important part. That's worth a bit more. I've put up with mediocre a couple of times and it's aggravating. This endorsement would be worth it to me, even if the price was a bit higher.

I pay $85 for weekly cleaning. It would be more if it were every other week and it was more the first time, too. I asked them to come in the afternoon so as not to disturb our schooling, and 9 times out of ten, we go somewhere to get out of their way, even if it's just the grocery store.

The other thing I really like about my cleaners is that there is a team. I used to have one lady and it. took. for. ever. Now with 3 or 4, they are in and out in under two hours. I love it!

They sound fabulous...pay well. It would help to know the square footage of your home, as many folks make their decisions on that. I'll tell you what my gals charge for approximately the same services, paying their own taxes/insurance/bringing own supplies: for 3300 square feet, we pay $100 every two weeks.

HTH.

That's about what I paid for a team of two or three to clean my 3100 sq. ft. house a couple of years ago.

Is that for every other week service? I think it is a great deal, especially since they are bringing their own cleaning supplies.

If the cleaning service gets to be a distraction for your hs then maybe you can plan a field trip or library trips for the days they will be at your house.

Enjoy your new clean house and extra free time.

I think I will do it once I confer with dh about it. He is in meetings on travel today with his phone off right now.:glare: I am totally impatient and want to book them NOW!!!

I might take those days and get out of the house too. I may try taking them to the library or something for lessons and see how that goes if being here is an issue. I can understand them not wanting us in their way while doing their job. I know that would bug me too. They seem to have excellent work ethics and would be very much peeved to not be able to do their jobs well.

The man was so funny. I was talking about things with him and he said, "Listen, Melissa. You don't worry. We can help you, okay?" ( I love their accents !) :lol: I think I like this idea. And we have a lot of furniture too. So more to work around and deal with. Plus a lot of non-carpeted floors which will require more work than just vacuuming does.