Menu

Heroes of Olympys - good or no?

My 13 year old is reading them and loves them. He is very sensitive to bad language, violence, etc. So if he reads them and doesn't have a problem then I know they're clean. :). Percy and some of the other characters show up in this series as well which makes it fun that it continues their story a little while adding new characters. My son says go for it! :)

You will want to preview House of Hades and decide whether it is appropriate for your family and your child's age. You can get a good feel for the issues on Common Sense Media or the Amazon reviews.

Yes, I'm well aware of this, but I always like to hear what those hear have to say. I actually feel I get a better sense of what to expect when I get answers here than when I read in those places.

My newly minted 10 year old LOVES the series. See my signature for the release date for the last book. It is a wonderful series.

Oh and that comments about House of Hades. I suggest you ignore those screaming over how Riordian is going to Hell and read the small amount on that topic. RR did a phenomenal job.

The first 3 were good. I've opted not to let my kids read the 4th title at this point.

We're just starting number four. What are your objections to the book?

edited:  Oh never mind.  I've done some research.  I won't make you answer that.  Not sure if we'll be reading the fourth book at this time either.

My son loves this series.  It is acutally one of the books he will read as well as listen to the audio version of it.

My DD loves them too.  She listened to the first three and she just finished reading House of Hades.

They are a little more intense than Percy, but not too bad. My 9 yr old has enjoyed all of Riordan's books.

I agree.  I've listened to the first three books and they are a little more intense than the Percy Jackson series.  I don't really know how to explain it, I'm just more worried about some of these characters.