Menu

Speaking of stocking stuffers - sports related?

Night Elf

My dd21 has asked me to do a stocking for her boyfriend. He's 21 and is a sports and fitness person. I looked at the stocking stuffer ideas in other posts but nothing seems to suit him. I've never had to do a stocking for a non-family member before. I think I'll try to pin her down and make her go out with me to pick out some stuff. This is a serious boyfriend so she wants him included. I don't mind, but I'm a little stumped! I'm still trying to figure out how to fill my DH's stocking! :tongue_smilie:

Any idea on small things with a sports theme?

So far I got him a small Harry Potter snow globe because that's his favorite book series from when he was younger. I'm also going to get him a Subway gift card.

If he is a runner, then knuckle lights or a headlamp.

http://www.knucklelights.com/

Gu, chomps, or Nuun would all be appreciated by a runner. A Road ID would also be good, maybe a coupon to order one, because you would need to know phone numbers, and even some health information.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

also, hand or feet warmers.

Sports themed stuff (like a Xmas ornament of a football player) or sports equipment?

If equipment type stuff, here's what I give:

prewrap for girls

sports tape

water bottles

balls such as lax or fieldhockey

goggles

a blinking thing for running when it gets dark

an arm band to hold an iphone while running

running gloves

thirst quench gum

gatorade chews

What kind of sports?

My brother is a sports and fitness guy. He plays multiple sports, coaches a youth team, and is also a gym rat.  Things he likes and uses: decent ear buds, an armband iPod holder thing to wear when he runs, specialty socks to wick away moisture, protein powder - and the cups w/metal balls to shake them on the go, Under Armour type shirts - long and short sleeve, and a lovely orange safety vest (he runs at night).

Related items I've given him in the past: bloopers reels on DVD, iTunes cards and old (familiar) CDs to bulk up his music selection, blinking lights for his bike (he rides at night), tickets to a sporting event, tee-shirts w/his favorite sports teams, and a few different Camelback water bag things - some elaborate ones for hiking and carrying stuff, some simple ones for when he rides or runs.  Oh, and I've also gotten him subscription to sports packages offered by his cable company. We live far away from our childhood home team, and this way he gets to still watch televised games.

magazines such as outdoor, runners world, etc

shoe deodorizer balls

specialty socks

energy gels

powdered gatorade packets

protein bars

If you go walk around a Dicks sporting goods or somewhere similar the endcaps will be filled with little odds and ends this time of year.

He works out in a gym 7 days a week. I'm not sure if he runs. He plays baseball and is going out for his college team next year. He watches baseball, football, and basketball on tv. I'm not sure of favorite teams. I like the idea of wandering around Dicks Sporting Goods store. I want small things to fit inside a stocking. I got him a shirt that I wrapped in a box. I also got him a Djembe drum that he fell in love with at the zoo. Dd21 bought him shoes, shirts, jacket and a Lego set. We're doing Christmas this coming Saturday so I need to have everything wrapped up, er pun not intended. Thanks for the ideas! I'm not used to a person who is into fitness and sports. I did get DH a specialty watch for when he runs but that's the extent of his fitness routine.

Reaction ball. It's a rubber object with bulbous protuberances that you throw against a wall and then try to catch. Since it is oddly shaped, you can't predict where it will go so it helps with reaction time.

Just ordered one for a stocking here!  (there's still free shipping available at some places)

Reaction ball. It's a rubber object with bulbous protuberances that you throw against a wall and then try to catch. Since it is oddly shaped, you can't predict where it will go so it helps with reaction time.

We found one of these at a sporting goods store yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation. It looks fabulous. Dd21 is excited for him to get it.