Menu

Do I want a whiteboard or blackboard in my schoolroom?

Which should I get for my schoolroom:  

1. 1. Which should I get for my schoolroom:

• blackboard
    • whiteboard
    • other (please explain)

Yes, I agree with betty, there ARE odorless blackboard markers. We got them once even. I have no memory of where. Staples, maybe? But DEFINITELY the whiteboard! We use ours a LOT, especially with English, and in the past a lot with math. Now not so much, but whatever we paid for our whiteboards (we have 2), it was WELL worth it!

My big decision for the week: blackboard or whiteboard.

The whiteboard markers give me a headache.

Blackboard dust gets, well, everywhere.

Which is the lesser evil? I'll let you decide.:D

Whiteboard.

In addition to the fact there is no dust with a whiteboard, you don't have the fear that someone is going to accidentally scrape their nails on it surprised-033.gif.

Wet erase Vis-a-vis markers don't stink or smear. Crayola makes a non stinky dry-erase, but I prefer the Vis-a-vis.

There was a surprisingly long discussion about this on the Living Math forum some time ago, and the consensus was

* whiteboard beats the blackboard

* low-odor EXPO whiteboard markers are the least strong smelling

* and for those for whom even the low-odor markers are too strong, whiteboard crayons

HTH!

You know, I have a big old white board and it works just fine. I have low odor markers, blah blah blah. But something is just not the same. I now wish I had gone and gotten a real chalk board. I know they are a mess, but I love the feel of the chalk and how they write. I'm just odd. :confused:

You know, I have a big old white board and it works just fine. I have low odor markers, blah blah blah. But something is just not the same. I now wish I had gone and gotten a real chalk board. I know they are a mess, but I love the feel of the chalk and how they write. I'm just odd. :confused:

I LOVE the idea of a chalkboard too. I have one that I use now because I couldn't tolerate the headaches I was getting from our old whiteboard. I figured no amount of dust would bother me as much as those headaches. Now, a year later, with everything COVERED in dust, I'm rethinking this. :lol:

I'd like to vote "neither" but I need *something*!