Menu

Measurement

You know how sometimes when you think your kids have surely mastered a topic because you have worked it thoroughly in previous years... Then suddenly it shows up again and they're clueless?

I need a resource for measurement - particularly metric... Keys to measurement and math mammoth measurement are a bit too easy and don't get into unit conversions very much. I need something at a pre-algebra type level to do a week or two of measurement boot camp.

Rod and Staff math is awesome at getting those taught. Just buying the student text would be fairly inexpensive. Since it's mastery you can just open it to the measurement chapters in the middle and start there. eta: Sounds like you want the 6 or 7 book.

You know how sometimes when you think your kids have surely mastered a topic because you have worked it thoroughly in previous years... Then suddenly it shows up again and they're clueless?

I need a resource for measurement - particularly metric... Keys to measurement and math mammoth measurement are a bit too easy and don't get into unit conversions very much. I need something at a pre-algebra type level to do a week or two of measurement boot camp.

Do you need teaching or just practice? Converting between various metric units or between "English" and metric?

I'd like a resource with explanations and practice on unit conversions. They are fine with reading measuring devices and know common conversions like inches to feet, etc... But they both get confused with place value in metric system and setting up proportions to do trickier conversions. The MM measurement is aimed at grades 1-5 and doesn't have more than a page or two at the level we need. Same with Keys to... Any thoughts on similar type resources, but at a more challenging level?