Menu

a woman is beyond excited to get our LOTR stand up life size figures

Jeannie in NJ

so I have all our clutter out on the curb (actually in the back yard on the access road) and a woman knocked on my door just now and asked if I had really meant to put our our life size LOTR figures.  I said yes and she said how excited her kids will be to get them.

Dh had got these way back when the movies dvds first came out and we would watch them weekly.  My dc did not care for the stand up figures so I had folded them up and put them behind ds's dresser until now.  My dc still did not want them so now someone else's dc will be happy with them.  I would have hated to see Legolas go into the trash truck.

I would have grabbed Legolas and run!!! :)

I think I would have grabbed both Legolas and Aragorn!  Funny story ... my friend has a Christmas Eve party every year after we go caroling.  I was at her house and had to use the rest room so I went up stairs.  As I passed by her daughters' room, my heart skipped a beat as I saw a life-sized Legolas cutout in her room.  I just had to chuckle.  My friends is a HUGE Aragorn fan - so much so that one Christmas, everyone in the family made her gifts using his likeness.  When I came back to join the group, I asked her where her life-sized Aragorn was.  Without missing a beat, she grabbed her husband who was standing behind her and said "Here he is!!"  We all burst out laughing at her quick-thinking.

We used to have a life size Captain Kirk.   My DH owned it when we got married.   For a while it was stationed looking out our garage window.   Then for some reason we put it on a friends front porch on his birthday.    It has since traveled around a bit.    We don't know where he is now in his five year journey to explore new planets, to bravely go where not cardboard cut out has gone before....