Menu

Definite CC--? About grace...

Hikin' Mama

It's not merely a matter of opinion.  These are things theologists debate, and each little term and nuance has meaning.  He's representing viewpoints that just don't happen to be your own.  I pulled the relevant parts from the link:

L - Limited Atonement

Jesus Christ died only for the sins of the Elect, according to John Calvin. Support for this belief comes from verses that say Jesus died for "many," such as Matthew 20:28 and Hebrews 9:28.

Those who teach "Four Point Calvinism" believe Christ died not for just the Elect but for the entire world. They cite these verses, among others: John 3:16Acts 2:21,1 Timothy 2:3-4, and 1 John 2:2.

I - Irresistible Grace

God brings his Elect to salvation through an internal call, which they are powerless to resist. TheHoly Spirit supplies grace to them until they repent and are born again.

Calvinists back this doctrine with such verses as Romans 9:16Philippians 2:12-13, and John 6:28-29.

Somebody (that I don't know very well) said that grace (from God) is only for those who believe in Jesus. I think He offers us grace BEFORE we believe. Am I off base? Please share your thoughts.

Can you define "grace" in this usage?  What is it that He offers before we believe, or what does your friend think comes after one turns to Christ?  As with Patty Joanna, not being snarky at all -- curious about what the thought is with grace in this context.