Menu

Are tiaras tacky?

Word Nerd

Tiaras  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Would you let your DD wear a tiara to a public performance?

• Sure. Why not?
    • Nope.
    • It depends on her age, the occasion, the outfit, or some other factor.
    • Other. Please explain.

I need to find a little girl to bless with a tiara just because I can.

At our fall women's event at church, several leaders and girls from our youth group did a dance routine to Britt Nicole's song Gold.  Little girls ran through the crowd putting tiaras on the heads of random ladies.  It was awesome to see all those women of assorted ages happily sporting cheap plastic tiaras that night.

DD wore the tiara and looked adorable. A girl in another class had a bigger tiara on, and I saw several sparkly headbands and clips too. And apparently bubble skirts/dresses are back in style.

After the concert, DD said the tiara was hurting her head, so I wore it out to the car.

Awesome!  Did you wear it while driving home too?  I totally would!  I adore my boys, but part of my longs for tiaras and tea parties.  :(  There will be no more kids though!

I just wanted to mention that I got my tiara! My daughter found one while shopping and surprised me with it at the end of my birthday party last night. I almost wore it to the movie theatre, but chickened out in the end. My husband didn't get the joke.

He is sort of a Sheldon type so my teen boys were roaring with laughter.

WHAT? Not so much at 38? I'm 40 and if I had one, I'd wear it every freaking day. :) I used to have one that had "Princess" spelled out in the gems, and I liked to wear it when I cleaned the house. Unfortunately, it got broken. I need to replace it. James Bond offered to buy me a really nice, expensive one when we were in Disneyland Paris, but it was too much. :(

More photos please? And where do you acquire said sparkly headbands?

There are times when a grown woman needs to feel like a princess! Of course I am the queen of the house.

I acquired one "simple" one with just a line of rhinestones along a metal band at Ulta. Otherwise, I've found them on Etsy. Search "sparkly headband" there. :D