Menu

Christmas gift question

Kim in Appalachia

Tis the season. :)

I was thinking of getting my dd15 Avatar: The Last Airbender DVDs (all 3 series).  She would love them.  The issue is, so would my sons.  Everyone in my house loves this series.  I guess I could make it a family gift, but I don't need a family gift this year, and I need a "big" gift for my dd.  She loves watching it over and over, and loves owning the DVDs of stuff she loves.  

My sons are getting Last Airbender t-shirts, so maybe it would seem odd to them if she got the DVDs??

I don't know what to do.  I had planned on getting her this, but then started thinking how the boys would feel. 

I'm stuck. 

Get them for your daughter.  When I was younger I got a dvd player for my birthday.  It of course was something I wanted but was intended for family use and that is how I saw it since we only had one tv at the time.  I loved the idea of a gift that my entire movie loving family could spend time sharing together

My opinion: If she will be "required" to share the dvds, then they need to be a group gift. If it will be her "choice" to share them, then not. By choice, I mean the adults would not pressure her in to sharing them.

:iagree:

That's a very good point. If she will have to share the DVDs, they won't really be "her" gift.

I think they would make an excellent family gift if you can think of another big gift for your dd.