Menu

DD's 13th is coming up, need ideas to celebrate!

fourcatmom

My oldest is about to turn 13 and I would like to surprise her with something. Not sure what. Don't have a lot of money and we live in an apartment but we can still put something fun together.

How do I make this year special? She has only had a few birthday parties (5 and 11 years old), normally they choose whether they want a party or a present. Most of the time they choose the present. There are at least a few friends that I would like to include but also family. I would love to take her away for a weekend but I don't think that's going to work with the time of year. 

Ideas?

Could you surprise her with a simple/cheap party, like maybe a slumber party with a movie on the wall (borrow/rent a dvd projector), AND do a present?

You could do an easy dinner for family and her friends, then just friends sleep over--some popcorn, bag of chips and dip, sodas, you are good to go. 

If you want a cheap party favor, decorate pillowcases--they are about $3 each at Walmart.

Does she have her ears pierced (would that be special/allowed, if she doesn't)? That, lunch out with you and her daddy, and nice earrings for later might be special. Invite family over for cake. Or have them waiting at home when you come back as a surprise. 

Is it the weather keeping you home? I've had some lovely times traveling with my dd in the *off season*. 

Her b-day is a week before Christmas and with soccer season tournaments and end of season party it's too busy at that time. I have heard some great stories about Mom's taking away their daughters for a special weekend and good talks around that age but I just don't see how to make that work. I have to think about it.

Thank you for the ideas...so much to think about.