Menu

What Craft/Hobby Thing are you doing this week? week 12

PrincessMommy

Fellow sewists and crafters!  It is almost November which means Sew Mama Sew will do yet another month of Handmade Holiday tutorials and giveaways!  (I am not affiliated with the website--I just love it.)

You can count of occasional reminders throughout the coming month if I see something that knocks my socks off.  Like this. Hey it is not even November yet!  Sew Mama Sew is giving away a free PDF download of the Kennedy bag by Sara Lawson.  Isn't it lovely?

oh, i really love crafting & sewing.  this week, i've made a sweater purse. i bought a wool sweater at a thrift store & just re-purposed it into an oversized bag.  i like the way it turned out (picture 1 and picture 2).

a few weeks ago, i made this shirt for myself. it was the first pattern i've ever used, & it actually looks like a shirt! lol. i was proud if it! :)

next week, i'm going to start on ornaments i think. i'm considering either these or these.  i've got a lot of extra burlap, so i'm trying to use it up.

I'm working to finish a thread-crocheted tree skirt that goes with my "theme" snowflake tree. My goal is to finish by thanksgiving, and it's doable, provided I give it my time. I have just over three 'full' rows and the main body will be done, then it's just the six finish scallop sections left.

tonight - I worked on dudeling's Halloween costume. he decided to be a minecraft quantum armor. much easier, and less unwieldy than the "tank" he originally wanted to be.

I hope you will post a photo of your tree skirt! My grandma crocheted with thread and I have quite a few of her handmade things, even a whole bedspread. They are treasures, as I imagine your tree skirt will be, passed down through generations.

oh, i really love crafting & sewing. this week, i've made a sweater purse. i bought a wool sweater at a thrift store & just re-purposed it into an oversized bag. i like the way it turned out (picture 1 and picture 2).

a few weeks ago, i made this shirt for myself. it was the first pattern i've ever used, & it actually looks like a shirt! lol. i was proud if it! :)

next week, i'm going to start on ornaments i think. i'm considering either these or these. i've got a lot of extra burlap, so i'm trying to use it up.

I love your sweater purse! I have a stash of thrifted wool sweaters waiting to be made into something. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the burlap ornament ideas, too.

oh, i really love crafting & sewing.  this week, i've made a sweater purse. i bought a wool sweater at a thrift store & just re-purposed it into an oversized bag.  i like the way it turned out (picture 1 and picture 2).

a few weeks ago, i made this shirt for myself. it was the first pattern i've ever used, & it actually looks like a shirt! lol. i was proud if it! :)

next week, i'm going to start on ornaments i think. i'm considering either these or these.  i've got a lot of extra burlap, so i'm trying to use it up.

That purse is adorable. How clever! And I love the shirt. :thumbup:

WOW Such pretty things! You guys do inspire!

All I have managed this week is to finish my DSs christmas stocking.

I am working on this sweater for myself http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-raglan My DH bought the yarn for me for my birthday to make it.

I also got a little more work done on my DHs stocking as well. I spent half of the time ripping out a mistake though! That is frustrating!

WOW Such pretty things! You guys do inspire!

All I have managed this week is to finish my DSs christmas stocking.

I am working on this sweater for myself http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-raglan My DH bought the yarn for me for my birthday to make it.

I also got a little more work done on my DHs stocking as well. I spent half of the time ripping out a mistake though! That is frustrating!

Yeah, these threads are a great exercise in humility for me :blush: I have almost zero crafting talent but I enjoy it so what the heck. Post some pics of the stocking when you can, I would love to see them!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest inoubliable

You guys are all soooo much more creative and craftier than I am. I was going to post a picture of a very teeny tiny bit of embroidery that I got done over the last week but there's no way now! Ha!