Menu

What's Your Favorite GF Cookbook/Baking Book?

Valley Girl

I appreciate the suggestions and will pass them along! As I was searching the forum, I did see several posters recommend sticking with foods that are naturally gluten-free--meats, veggies, fruits--rather than trying to "makeover" recipes with substitute ingredients. That makes good sense and sounds like a smart way to approach it. ("Eat like a dinosaur" is a fun way to remember it!) I was just looking for a couple of reliable resources for special occasions or those times when you really want pasta or a baked good. I'll check out the amazon link. Again, thanks.

I like Gluten Free Baking Classics, but i also love some websites, esp the Gluten Free Goddess.  

We love that book but the superfine brown rice flour is pricey. GFG has some great recipes, we love her Pumpkin cake with maple icing http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2005/12/maple-frosted-pumpkin-cake.html :) We've been using a few new recipes from The everything Guide to gluten free even though we've been GF for 13 years, the Sheppard's Pie recipe alone was worth the cost of the book:) She has tons of yummy recipes on her blog and FB page too https://www.facebook.com/TheBakingBeauties?hc_location=stream We've also used a lot of recipes from Carol Fensters gluten free quick and easy book.

Yeah, i bought that rice flour once . . . i ended up making my own flour mix for sweet baking, but we use some of her yeast breads, which dont have it.  for a while i bought white rice flour at an asian store, but my teen sometime reacts to rice, so i dont use any rice flour any more.