Menu

Europe gals and frequent travelers ... packing and have question

aggieamy

DH, DD, and I are heading off to London, Bruge, and Paris for a few days.  We are mostly packed and then DH asked if we needed to bring a water bottle for the trip.  I don't know.  Do we?  Something like a kleen canteen or Camelbak.   

It would probably be a good idea if you are used to carrying them but bottled water is easy to find to buy. Expensive but readily availiable. ;) You could also buy bottles when needed and refill in order to save luggage space. I have had the tap water in all three locations and it tasted fine -- at least I don't remember it which is a good sign. There are at least two Carrforr stores in Bruges. One is right on the main square and the other accross the street from the Novotel/Ibis hotels. They are great sources of reasonable snack foods and bottles of water. There should be Carrforr's near you in Paris also. The chocolate waffles in Bruge are not to be missed! Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Bottled water is easy to find in all three places. If you have room for your empty bottle, pack it. If not, don't stress. Every small shop has soft drinks and bottle water for sale.

Enjoy! Bruges and Paris are some of my favorite places on the planet.

I travel with a Kleen Kanteen (gosh, do I hate their spelling!) 

My son has spent the last two summers in Britain. His only complaint is the lack of water fountains which we tend to take for granted in the States.  Starting the day with a water bottle will translate to one fewer plastic bottle purchased.  To me that is a good thing.

Glad you have room for your water bottle. I always like having mine. :thumbup1:

Make sure you save packing space for bringing back lots of great chocolates from Brugge. :drool5:  Belgium has the best-smelling cities in the world because of the prevalence of waffle stands too.

Have a fabulous time & enjoy a great piece of chocolate for me! (And be sure to tell us all about your trip when you return.)

(Are you planning to visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood in Brugge? Very neat to see the holy relic if it is out on display while you are there. I love, love, love Brugge.)

Glad you have room for your water bottle. I always like having mine. :thumbup1:

Make sure you save packing space for bringing back lots of great chocolates from Brugge. :drool5:  Belgium has the best-smelling cities in the world because of the prevalence of waffle stands too.

Have a fabulous time & enjoy a great piece of chocolate for me! (And be sure to tell us all about your trip when you return.)

Here's a Brugge chocolate shop window photo I took years ago... just to get you in the mood! :lol:

attachicon.gifBrugge chocolate shop window.jpg

(Are you planning to visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood in Brugge? Very neat to see the holy relic if it is out on display while you are there. I love, love, love Brugge.)

I am NOW planning on seeing the Basilica ... I'm glad you mentioned it to me.  And as for the chocolate shop, I might just not come home if they have chocolate like that there!

I am NOW planning on seeing the Basilica ... I'm glad you mentioned it to me.  And as for the chocolate shop, I might just not come home if they have chocolate like that there!

The Basilica is definitely worth a visit. Hope you can see the relic while you are there.

Guess you're moving to Brugge, eh? Maybe you'd better eat more than just one piece of chocolate on my behalf, then.... ;)