Menu

Evan Moor Daily Geography Help

lilbean05

I bought Daily Geography 1 a few years ago and I absolutely love it, but the book is so expensive and comes with overhead pages that I don't need.  I would like to use this book with multiple kids, so it seems like getting the workbooks would be best, but I don't think they come with the maps.  If you use these books, how to you go about it?  Do you get the workbooks or do you use a copier or do you get the digital book and print it all out?  It seems like there isn't any one best option, but maybe I am missing something?

Thanks!

If there are other Evan Moor books that interest you, a teacherfilebox.com subscription may be cost effective. I bought it through HSBC.

Do you have an iPad or another tablet? You can "write" on PDFs using an app such as Notability. Then you'd only have the digital file cost.

I used it the last two years.  The first year I bought the book with the overheads and everything and found it all unnecessary - I never used them, the lessons in themselves were complete.  Last year we just used the workbooks and it was fine, they didn't feel like they were missing anything.

Did the workbooks have the maps in them?  I looked at the workbooks on Evan Moor (http://www.evan-moor.com/p/3454/daily-geography-practice-grade-1) and it looks like there are no maps, just the questions.  The only other book I could find was the one with the overheads.  

The digital file option with the ipad looks great!  We don't have a tablet, though, so that won't work for us.  I suppose I could buy the digital file and print everything, but that is a lot of printing!!  

Our Evan Moor Daily Geography Practice workbooks have the maps in them. I only ever just get those. All three of my kids are pretty much able to work through them on their own and have picked up their geography skills relatively well. I got ours through Timberdoodle though as I was buying a few other things from them anyway.